If your Virtru extension requires reactivation, you may encounter an error when trying so send both unencrypted and encrypted emails.
If you're experiencing a similar issue, you can reactivate following one of the two procedures below:
Via the "Compose" Window
- Click "Compose" in Gmail
- Slide the Virtru toggle to the On position
- Click the blue button to activate
Via the Virtru Menu Icon
- While on your Gmail page, find the Virtru icon in Chrome's menu bar (top-right corner)
- Click that icon to open the options menu
- Click Activate Virtru for [your address]
Once your activation is complete - via either method - you can return to sending both unencrypted and encrypted email.