If your Virtru extension requires reactivation, you may encounter an error when trying so send both unencrypted and encrypted emails. You may also find that Gmail's search function appears to be disabled.
If you're experiencing a similar issue, you can reactivate following one of the two procedures below:
Via the "Compose" Window
- Click "Compose" in Gmail
- Slide the Virtru toggle to the On position
- Click the blue button to activate
Via the Virtru Menu Icon
- While on your Gmail page, find the Virtru icon in Chrome's menu bar (top-right corner)
- Click that icon to open the options menu
- Click Activate Virtru for [your address]
Once your activation is complete - via either method - you can return to sending both unencrypted and encrypted email.