While logging into Virtru's Secure Reader, you may occasionally go through an alternative authorization flow that looks a little different than the experience you're used to. In certain circumstances, we'll require that you use a one-time use Validation Code to log into the Secure Reader. These scenarios include:
- Your browser is configured to issue Do Not Track requests.
- Your browser doesn't accept cookies from sites you visit.
Here's how to log into the Virtru Secure Reader using the Validation Code:
- Click Unlock Message to begin the login process.
- Select your email address, or, if no address is displayed, enter the email address that received the secure message.
- If you match one of the scenarios above, you'll be automatically prompted to request a code. Click Send Me The Code. Do not close the window or leave the page.
- Leaving the Enter Your Validation Code window open, return to your Inbox in another tab to find your Validation Code in a new email from Virtru.
- Enter your code on the login page and click GO. If you are having trouble entering all 8 digits, please check to make sure there is not a space in front of the code in the entry box.
- Read your secure message!