When a non-Virtru using recipient receives a Virtru email, they'll see Virtru's default recipient template*:
You can change that default text to a message of your choosing via the Virtru Dashboard. Here's how:
- Log into the Virtru Dashboard.
- If you're the administrator of your Virtru plan, switch Organization Admin Mode to OFF.
- Select Settings.
- Enter your new introduction in the Personal Introduction field:
- After entering your introduction, save your changes via the button at the bottom of the page:
- Finally, if you use our browser extensions, refresh your webmail page. If you use our Outlook add-in, quit Outlook and relaunch the application to pull in the changes.
After you've set your personal introduction, you can still always create a one-off unencrypted introduction when composing a secure email. This will overwrite the custom personal introduction for that email only.
Note that these settings are individual user settings; this introduction will not apply to the entire organization.
*If your organization has purchased a custom recipient template, that will be displayed to recipients instead.