Domain Installation / Sync Failure
If your initial G Suite domain sync doesn't complete, there are a few items to check:
- API Access is enabled for your domain. This is required for Virtru to sync your user, group, and alias information.
- You are not logged into multiple Google accounts within the same browser instance. If you are, open an Incognito Window (or Private Browsing), then attempt the sync process again in that environment.
- Contact and Directory information have been made available to APIs.
- You are running another privacy- or security-related G Suite app. Some G Suite apps - Privacy Badger for example - can disable API access to the domain, even if you've enabled access. Any apps blocking API access to your domain will need to be temporarily disabled to complete the sync.
The sync may also appear to fail or stall if you attempt to sync at the same time that another large domain is attempting to do the same. If your sync appears to run indefinitely and you've confirmed the above items are configured correctly, please return to the Dashboard in a few hours and check the Last Updated time on the Overview tab.
Domain Refresh Failure
If you've previously synced your domain and are now unable to refresh your domain's information with Virtru, check these items:
- You are still a Super Administrator of your G Suite domain. Only Super Admins can perform a refresh; if you've been downgraded, the refresh will fail. You can check your status at admin.google.com.
- The Virtru app still has Data Access to your domain. You can check and re-enable access following the steps below:
Log into the admin.google.com and select Apps. Select Marketplace Apps, then Virtru Encryption for G Suite. If you see "Approval Needed" under the Data Access heading, you'll just need to grant approval. Then return to your Virtru Dashboard and attempt the refresh again.
Finally, as in the previous section, you may be caught in the queue behind a larger, slow-moving sync. If you have the above options enabled, check back in an hour or two to see if the sync has completed.