To send and receive secure email on your Android device, you'll just need to download our Android app. Here's how:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android Device
- Tap the Search icon at the top of your screen.
- Search for "Virtru".
- Find and select Virtru Email Encryption from the Virtru Corporation.
- Tap "Install" to install. When prompted, grant permissions to the app.
- Tap the Virtru icon to launch your Virtru app.
- Select the login option most appropriate for your mail provider. If you're unsure, check with your IT admin.
- Gmail/Google Apps: Select this option if you use a Gmail or G Suite address, and want to connect to the server via IMAP.
- Exchange ActiveSync: Select this option if you use Microsoft Exchange or Google Sync to connect to your mail server.
- Other Email: Use this option to connect via IMAP to any non-Google email accounts.
- Enter your email address and password. If you've selected "Gmail", we'll direct you into Google's native authorization flow. If you'd like to set your own configuration settings, tap "Let me configure my email settings."***
- Tap "Sign in" or "Activate".
***Note: For common mail providers like Google and Office 365, email and password is all that's required. We'll automatically fill in the rest from our side.