To send and receive secure email on your iOS device, you'll just need to download our iOS app. Here's how:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Tap the Search icon along the bottom of your screen.
- Search for "Virtru".
- Find and select Virtru Email Encryption from the Virtru Corporation.
- Tap "Get" to install.
- Tap the Virtru icon to launch your Virtru app.
- Select the login option most appropriate for your mail provider. If you're unsure, check with your IT admin.
- Gmail: Select this option if you use a Gmail or G Suite address, and want to connect to the server via IMAP.
- Exchange: Select this option if you use Microsoft Exchange to connect to your mail server.
- Google Sync: For G Suite organizations that have disabled IMAP and opted to use Google Sync instead.
- Other: Use this option to connect via IMAP to any non-Google email accounts (including Office 365 accounts).
- Enter your email address and password. If you've selected "Gmail", we'll direct you into Google's native authorization flow. If you'd like to set your own configuration settings, tap "Let me configure my email settings."***
- Tap "Sign in" or "Activate".
***Note: For common mail providers like Google and Office 365, email and password is all that's required. We'll automatically fill in the rest from our side.