Installing & Activating Virtru for Gmail & G Suite in Chrome
Before you can send and receive Virtru emails in Chrome, you'll need to install and activate our browser extension. Here's how:
- Visit our downloads page and click "Add to Chrome".
- When prompted, click "Add extension".
- We'll let you know when your installation is complete if you don't currently have Gmail open.
- If you do have Gmail open in another tab, we'll automatically refresh the page for you to load the extension.
- If Gmail was open when Virtru was installed, you'll be prompted automatically to activate.
- If Gmail was not open, log into Gmail and click "Compose" to begin the activation process.
- In your Compose window, slide the Virtru toggle to the On position.
- Click the "Activate" button to complete the activation process. A new tab will briefly open, then close automatically. You're now ready to send secure email with Virtru!
You may occasionally be required to reactivate your Virtru extension under the following circumstances:
- You've cleared your browser's cache.
- Your Virtru activation status has expired. For security purposes, Virtru will invalidate your activation status every
- 120 days for users accessing their own mailboxes.
- 10 days for users accessing shared or delgated mailboxes.
If you do need to reactivate, you can do so following the steps above or at the link below.
Reactivating the Virtru Extension