Installing & Activating Virtru for Gmail & G Suite in Chrome
Before you can send and receive Virtru emails in Chrome, you'll need to install our browser extension. Here's how:
- Visit our downloads page and click "Add to Chrome".
- When prompted, click "Add extension".
- We'll let you know when your installation is complete if you don't currently have Gmail open.
- If you do have Gmail open in another tab, we'll automatically refresh the page for you to load the extension.
- If Gmail was open when Virtru was installed, you'll be prompted automatically to activate.
- If Gmail was not open, log into Gmail and click "Compose" to begin the activation process.
- In your Compose window, slide the Virtru toggle to the On position.
- Click the "Activate" button to complete the activation process. A new tab will briefly open, then close automatically. You're now ready to send secure email with Virtru!