If you've received a Virtru secure email, there's no need to install any Virtru software to read the email. Instead, you'll simply read the email in our web-based Secure Reader through your browser. Here's how:
- Open the email in your inbox and click "Unlock Message". A new tab will open.
- When prompted, select your email address. If you don't see yours listed, click "My Email is not here" and enter your information.
- Choose how you'd like to verify your identity.
- Google & Office 365 users can use their preexisting credentials to log in directly using Login with Google or Login with Office 365. You'll be taken directly to your message.
- Select Send me an email if you use a different provider to verify your identity via email.
- Check your inbox for your verification email, coming from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open the verification email and click "Verify Me" to open your message.***
***Note: both the "Unlock Message" and "Verify Me" links need to be opened in the same browser on the same device in order to confirm your identity.
- Your message will open in a new tab in the browser.
- To send a secure reply, click into the text field at the bottom of the message or click "Secure Reply".
- At the top left of the Reply box, you can select whether to reply to the sender only or all of the recipients on the email by selecting the “Reply” option. After you finish composing your message, click “Send Secure Reply”.
- Attachments can be added by clicking "Add Attachment". These will be sent securely as well.