During the authorization process for our Outlook add-in, we send you an email that the Virtru add-in looks for in your inbox. When that email is found, we'll automatically delete it and complete your authorization.
If you're stuck on the "Authorizing..." step shown above, here are some troubleshooting steps to help complete the process:
- Are you receiving our activation email? This email will come from the address "firstname.lastname@example.org", for which you can search in your inbox. If you're not receiving this email, please contact your IT administrator to determine if your mail server is intercepting the email.
- Is the activation email landing in your inbox? By default, we only search the top level of your inbox for this email. If it's going to another folder, you can widen the scope of Virtru’s search to include your other folders as well:
- Open the Virtru menu and select Options > Account Activation.
- At the bottom of that window, check the boxes for both “Search all accounts for activation emails” and “Search subfolders of Inbox and Junk for activation emails.”
- Select your email address and click “Activate Selected”.
If you've attempted the steps above without success, please contact our support team and submit your Virtru Debug Logs when you submit your ticket. To submit your logs, click the Virtru menu in Outlook and select Debug Log, then Send Debug Log to Virtru.