When logging into the Secure Reader, you’re given the option to select "Remember Me", which should allow you to return to the Secure Reader later on without having to verify again. There are, however, several scenarios that can cause this "Remember Me" information to be removed:
- If you select "Log Out" from the menu in the top right corner of the Secure Reader, you'll need to verify again the next time you visit (just as you need to re-enter your password if you manually log out of Gmail or Facebook, for example).
- If you leave your secure message open and idle in your browser for 18 minutes or longer, we'll automatically log you out to protect your sender’s secure content - in case you've left the message open on a screen that's visible to passersby.
- Internet Explorer: Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Uncheck "Delete browsing history on exit".
- Chrome: Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies > Allow local data to be set.
- Firefox: Preferences > Privacy > History > Accept cookies from sites > Keep until: they expire.
In summary: to avoid repeated verifications, just make sure to close the browser window containing your secure content when you're done reading the message.